Health leaders in Southport, Formby and West Lancashire are reminding people they can share their views and experiences of local healthcare, by getting involved with Shaping Care Together, a new programme designed to improve services across the area.
Shaping Care Together aims to do just that – shape, develop and improve future services for everyone, based on feedback from the patients, carers and staff who use and deliver those services.
Shaping Care Together is led by a partnership of NHS organisations; Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust, NHS Southport and Formby CCG and NHS West Lancashire CCG.
These organisations are working together to look at the challenges currently faced by Southport and Ormskirk hospitals, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, financial pressures and the growing demand for NHS services in and out of hospital.
Whilst many improvements have already been made, Shaping Care Together will look at services across the whole area, and ensure they are joined up, efficient and fit for the future.
The areas of focus are:
- frail and elderly care
- when you have an urgent or emergency care need
- services for children including those who have complex needs
- services for women who are pregnant and for the new-born
- gynaecology – dealing with women’s reproductive system
- sexual health services for all genders
- planned care, such as follow-up outpatient and/or subsequent admissions as part of ongoing treatment.
Shaping Care Together is giving all members of local communities the opportunity to get involved and share views on:
- What works well
- What could be improved
- What is important to them
To take part, visit our interactive engagement site www.yoursayshapingcaretogether.co.uk for more information and to complete a short survey. If you would prefer to speak to someone or require information in a different format or language, please call 01695 588025.