The Southport Local Test Unit is now open for people who have COVID symptoms.
The semi-permanent sites, known as Local Testing Sites (LTS), are now in both Bootle and Southport.
Local Testing Sites are designed to supplement existing testing routes such as Regional and Mobile Testing Units.
They are the first to offer bespoke walk-through appointments; to improve access for the whole community, especially those who do not have access to a car or should not be using public transport because they have symptoms.
The Local Testing Sites will be open for several months to ensure that accessible testing is continually available to people within their communities.
Each will have between four and eight testing bays which can each test up to three people an hour.
The sites are at Bootle Town Hall and Southport Town Hall , and users will be asked to self-swab when attending. They are operated by appointment only which can be booked at nhs.uk/coronavirus or by calling 119.
• Sites are wheelchair accessible
• They are self-test sites
• All people attending must wear a face-covering, except children under the age of three years.
• Must arrive on foot/cycle/motorbike
• Need booking confirmation or QR code and/or valid form of ID
• Attendees need to keep to a 2m social distance rule
• There can be segregation for religious/cultural reasons.